Damien is a month old today, can you believe it? It feels like we’ve had him only a little while, but he’s already so much a part of our lives that I can’t believe he’s only been here a month. While the adjustment has been difficult, particularly on Aiden, we are all fitting into our new family roles. It’s amazing to see how much Damien has changed in such a short amount of time.
- Weighs 10lbs 2oz
- Regained birth weight by 2 weeks
- Is almost completely off supplemental formula. He currently gets 1-2 supplement bottles for a total of 1-3oz a day (about 5% of his intake, though he’s growing faster than average). Usually I attribute one bottle to hunger and one simply to keep us sane during his fussy period at night
- Developed some sleep skills, but is definitely in the midst of purple crying phase. Sleep is very hard to come by (sometimes we don’t sleep). His best sleep is usually in the car seat
- Started to coo at 20 days old
- Has had great head control since birth. Could lift and turn his head while on his tummy at 10 days old
- Started social smiling (awake smiling / engaging) yesterday
- Loves the bath. His first bath he cried but he’s enjoyed the rest of them (even if they are infrequent right now)
- Had his first major photoshoot, though I’ve yet to post about it
Check out here for more Damien photos from his first month (and more yet to be uploaded).