Just looking at the photos, it seems Aiden has changed so much in the past month. After holding fairly static on growth for the past 6-9 months, he’s finally taken a huge step up in growth (both in height and weight). I think he looks like a different little boy.
Aiden has warmed up to being a big brother, calling Damien “my baby” and gloating about how he’s a “gentle boy” when he touches his hair or hand. Just this week he’s started giving Damien kisses and has begun asking if Damien is big enough to play with: he seems more excited to be a big brother.
From my part, I’m more used to being a mom of two and I’m sure that’s helped get us back into a more normal routine – which is important for a toddler.
- Weight: 31.5 lbs
- Finally exclusively in 3T pants
- Favourite foods include: quesedillas or burritos, watermelon, popcorn, radishes, fennel, celery, carrots, ice cream, popsicles, Gorrila crunch cereal, granola, ‘cold hot chocolate’, yogurt (certain brands only), french fries
- Asked his first “why” question: “Why is the meat not working?” in reference to a feed-the-monster iPad game
- Transitioned to a “big boy bed” – his crib as a toddler bed. Now spends hours ‘reading’ his books before bed. Still calls for Daddy most nights as a stall tactic.
- Has renewed interest in potty training, but not enough for us to attempt it again. Still doesn’t ‘want’ to do it most of the time
- Still has temper issues expressed by throwing things, pushing or spitting (which he refers to as spit-up thanks to Damien)
- Is fascinated with road signs and wants to know what each sign means
- Things Aiden likes to say: That’s very funny?, I need to hold my blanky a little bit?, This is hard work, You need to say ‘Yes’
- My favorite phrases of the month: I just had a wonderful day, I did touch his hair [with Damien], This is my baby. That’s a nice baby, He’s tired but very awake [to Damien in the car seat], I know, Damien [when he's crying], cold hot chocolate, chocolate and verniwwa [vanilla]