Damien has had a big month! Every month seems very big for a baby under the age of 1, I know, but it’s still amazing to watch them change almost daily! Damien now sleeps most nights only with a dream feed, so he’s down for 13 hours with one feed. It’s so amazing! He’s achieved so much this month and is so strong – he loves to stand, nearly unassisted if he’s holding something.
On his 4 month birthday, he had his first giggles for Aiden, which was really sweet. Aiden has really taken to his role as big brother.
Here’s a look at Damien at 4 months:
- Weighs 14lbs 3oz
- Sleeps 13 hours with one feed at 10:30 most nights
- Naps 4 times a day for 30-43 minutes each (has taken 3 naps over 1 hour in the last month)
- Is happy sucking either thumb
- Started grabbing his feet at 3 months and 1 day!
- Started in on new sounds including Ahhh, Nnnn, Mum and Mama (mostly when he’s frustrated)
- Loves to laugh when you’re laughing, when tickled, bounced or sung to
- Favorite songs are lap games that involve bouncing: I Want Someone to Buy Me A Pony, A Smooth Road, This is the Way the Lady Rides
- Is a serious hair puller, particularly when going down stairs
- King of Diaper Explosions – including ones at McDonald’s, Browns and Gymboree. Ick!
- Started going in his exersaucer and standing at the play table (loves to stand!). Could probably soon go into the Jolly Jumper, though I’m not sure he has the patience for it.
- Pulls his knees up under him when he’s doing tummy time or sleeping. Propels himself forward with repeats of this in his crib (always ends up wedged in a corner as a result)
- Can pull the handle on his bouncy chair music piece
- Loves to reach for toys though doesn’t yet enjoy the feeling of them in his mouth – not for lack of trying, though!
- Loves to chew on my knuckle
- Has some precious moments where he caresses my face while looking at me
- Favorite moment of the day is getting undressed for the bath. Absolutely loves getting undressed & being naked. Will giggle up a storm when tickled before bath time.
- Was the King of Drool for the first half of the month though it has thankfully slowed down already
- Rolls like a pro now in both directions
- Very good at tummy time when we’re at playgroups
Though parenting him is different than Aiden, I feel so much more at ease parenting in general and that makes things so much easier. Just like Aiden, Damien is a social little guy and loves to be out at playgroups – as long as we are out and about, he is so easy, but if we spend the afternoon at home I end up wanting to pull out my hair because he gets so fussy!