Yikes, my little ‘baby’ is 3 in just one more month!! When did that happen? He’s turned into a little boy overnight, it seems. Aiden has had some big changes this month: starting preschool twice a week and potty training! I have yet to share those experiences in full, but those are two big changes to happen within a single month! Aiden almost stopped napping this month too, though he resumed them again after a few days and now alternates between nap days and ‘quiet time’ days.
We also just got home from a 3-day trip to Victoria, which will require many posts to detail all our adventures!
Here’s a snapshot of Aiden at 35 months:
- Shoe size: 7-7.5 (just went up!)
- Favorite foods include: pancakes, bacon, ice cream, popsicles, Gorilla crunch cereal, apple chips, chocolate milk, pizza, mango, quesedilla with turkey slices
- Aiden’s favourite colors: blue and black
- Attends preschool Monday and Wednesday for 4 hours each day
- Is fully potty trained during the day (nap too)
- Naps 50-70% of the time; takes ‘quiet time’ other days (listens to audiobooks: currently Winnie the Pooh)
- Drew his first recognizable picture (a sun)
- Can pull down his own pants and take off his shirts, if they are loose enough. Can pull up underwear, but not much else yet.
- Sometimes calls Daddy “Da-y” and Babby “Ba-y” like his “Ma-y” for Mommy
- Has started using slang like “ya” and “getcha”
- Has developed a fear of driving fast. Is very anxious on highways and is constantly asking if we are going too fast / to slow down
- His favourite phrases: I want to go with you, I’m going to getcha!, I need you, I’m going to hold my blank for a little bit, I’ll be back in one minute, I’m very excited, We’re running
- My favourite quotes of the month: Poke!, I really like it, You’re a sweetie, Mommy, Let me get that for ya, Cool, ‘You’re silly, Daddy’, Oh my gosh he’s so big (of Damien), I can’t believe my eyes, I’m going to tell you a secret: I love you so much, We’re going on an adventure, ‘Look, I found a treasure!’, ‘You’re my best friend, Mommy’, Instruction site (for Construction site)