Now that Aiden is 3 years old today, it has really hit me how much he has changed in the last few months. 5 months ago he became a big brother. Since then, he moved into a big boy bed, potty trained for daytime, started preschool and stopped napping. So much change, and that’s just of the obvious sort. Less obvious is his growing empathy towards others, his ability to create elaborate play stories and his love of pretending to be something else (often a lion or dinosaur).
Here’s a snapshot of Aiden at 3 years old:
- Weight: 31lbs (44th percentile)
- Height: 36″ (15th percentile)
- Favorite foods: sausage, butter chicken, turkey slices, grapes, granola bars, chocolate milk, yogurt, gorilla crunch cereal, oatmeal, cake, chicken fingers, french fries, broccoli
- Stopped napping and stopped taking quiet time. Quiet time was leading to some naps (hard on bedtime) and was often super short on days when he wasn’t tired – it became too much work, so now he just watches his regular amount of tv earlier, for his ‘quiet’ time
- Went through a phase of calling me Malammy
- Had a train-themed birthday party at Gymboree
- Favorite places: Gymboree, Oma’s house, the park (faves are Ridgeway elementary, St. Andrews and Digger)
- “What number do you like, Daddy?” 10,234! “That’s too many.” Zero. “That’s not a number… I want you to like ‘T’” That’s a letter.
- His favourite words & phrases: Malammy, I don’t know, I can do it!, what did u say?, I don’t want to wear my pants, I’m a good jobber, I only want to wear my underwear, I want it right now!, where are we going today?
- My favourite words & phrases of his: woddipop (lollipop), yoger (ogre), I want Damien in the bath, I love you Mommy, are we not going fast?