Shopping for stocking stuffers is one of my all-time favourite things to do. I love finding just the right items for my kids. I buy stocking stuffers all through the year as I see them in stores, though I also buy a few select things online.
When Aiden was just over 1 year old, I shared with you the items I was putting into his stocking. Although I missed this gift list tradition, I’m picking it back up featuring the things I am excited to put in his stocking now that he’s 4 years old. These gifts are all quite gender-neutral, so they would work for a boy or a girl!
Stocking Stuffer Ideas for a 4 Year Old
- The gift of music – I believe encouraging a love of music is important in all its forms – and that includes whistles! I always give a small instrument as a gift or stocking stuffer. This year Aiden is getting a recorder and Damien is getting a kazoo, though my top suggestion for small and inexpensive is an harmonica
- LEGO – whether you are getting larger sets as gifts or not, there are some amazing small Creator sets that are perfect for the stocking. This year we purchased the LEGO Creator Mini Skyflyer, which turns into 3 different aircraft.
- Bath Crayons – I love bath crayons and markers, but they never seem to last a full year!
- Art supplies – art supplies make up a big portion of my stocking. This year I have glow-in-the-dark pirate stickers, glitter glue pens, themed-markers, and the Usborne Monster Doodles wipe-clean cards.
- Candy airplane – a Candy Pop Fan is the real name for what he asked Santa for.
- Chocolate – of course! I usually put in a couple of Christmas-shaped chocolates, but nothing excessive
- Candy – I bought some sugar-free fruit gummies and only a couple of novelty sweets like a Santa Pez, a gourmet candy cane from Whole Foods and a candy-filled school bus.
- Games – small games like Go Fish or Spot It! also fit perfectly in a stocking.
If you are looking for more ideas for other age-ranges, check out my list of Stocking Stuffer Ideas for a 1 Year Old.
For US residents, the above links (where appropriate) are to Canadian sites. You can find many of the same items on Amazon.com here: recorder, kazoo, harmonica, LEGO Creator Mini Skyflyer, bath crayons, glitter glue, Usborne Monster Doodles, Candy Pop Fan, Spot It!